Museum Of Turkish And Islamic Arts Virtual Tour

The Museum of Turkish and İslamic Arts cvontains turkish and İslamic Arts all together and is known as the last museum to open in the Otoman Period.The foundation of the museum was commissioned as a result of continuous steal of artworks from various trust bulidings, mosques, masjids, takas and sbrines from all over the country.Studies under a commission chaired by the director of Imperial Museum Mr. Osman Hamdi was completed in 1913 and the Museum was opened to publick as "The Museum of Muslim Endowments" (Evkaf-ı İslâmiye Müzesi) in imaret building within the complex of Süleymaniye Mosque, one of the masterworks of Mimar Sinan, the Chief Architect.

The museum is closed off the public due the essential maintenance works.

  • ZIYARET SAATLERI
    April-October
    Summer Opening Time
    April-October
    Summer Closing Time
    November-March
    Winter Opening Time
    November-March
    Winter Closing Time
    Closing Day
    09:00 19:00 09:00 17:00 Monday

    Ticket booths are closing 30 minutes or an hour before the museum closing time.
  • ADRES BILGILERI
    Address : At Meydanı Sok. No:46 İbrahim Paşa Sarayı Sultanahmet, Eminönü
    Web Site : www.tiem.gov.tr
    E-mail : turkislam@muze.gov.tr - turkislameserlerimuz@kultur.gov.tr
    Phone : (212) 518 18 05
    Fax : (212) 518 18 07
  • NASIL GIDEBILIRIM ?
  • GÖRÜLMESI GEREKENLER

    Fallowing the promulgation of the Republic the museum was lent the name of The Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts and was transferred Ibrahim Pahsa Palace in 1983 where it stands today. The Palace that was given to then Grand Vizler Ibrahim Pahsa by Sultan Süleyman the Magnificent was amongst the chief structures of civil architecture in 16thcentury.

    Rose on the stages of ex-hippodrome in Horse Square (At Meydanı) the famous historical square of İstanbul, the Palace in contrast to the Ottoman architectural tradition where all structures were built in wood was built in stone. Although it is identified precisely when and by whom the Palace was built, the alterations made before the great circumcision ceremony and the new entrance gate was known to be built by Sinan the Architect.

    The Palace functioned as a palace of grand vizier. The just ceremony at the palace was arranged for the celebration of Ibrahim Pahsa's wedding with Sultan's sister Hatice Sultan in 1524. Sultan Süleyman the Magnificent watched the circumcision ceremonies of his princes Mustafa, Mehmet and Selim in 1530 from his lodge (mahfil) in Ibrahim Pahsa Palace. The ceremonial hall and the Assembly Hall (Divanhane) of the Palace was refurbished between the years 1966 and 1983 and obtained today's condition. Various historical sources describe Ibrahim Pahsa Palace the largest amongst viziers' palaces an even more marvellous than from Topkapı Palace.

  • GIRIŞ ÜCRETLERI
    20 TL
    With Museum Pass İstanbul, you can visit
    this museum free of charge and without
    having to queue.